Responsibilities of the Office of Equity and Diversity for Employees with Disabilities
- Official record-keeper for employees with disabilities; all medical, accommodation requests and records are maintained by the office.
- Ensure equal access and opportunities for employees and students* to learn and grow at the University.
- Deliver an evolving and comprehensive set of disability services and programs.
- Develop strategic collaborations with other university departments.
- Assist employees in the successful transition into the campus community by promotion individual growth, development and self-advocacy.
- Investigate, grant and finance reasonable accommodation requests
- Ensure equal opportunity for applicant persons with disabilities in consideration for employment.
- Serve as a resource for employees to discuss work issues with regard to disability
* While OED works to ensure that all campus members have equal access to educational opportunities, The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) provides services for students with disAbilities. If you are a student, please contact the CTLE office at 570-941-4038.