Downloading Videos from YouTube
YouTube is a popular free video sharing website which lets users upload, view, and share video clips across the internet.
FOR PC USERS
In this tutorial, you will learn how to download videos from YouTube to your computer. The following steps will guide you through the process:
- Go to YouTube and find the video that you wish to download.
- Copy the URL in your browser while you still have the YouTube video on the screen.
- Download and install the LATEST VERSION OF YouTube Downloader (PC only). This utility allows you to download movies from many sites by pasting the link of the original file in the field provided.
*By default, the file is saved in .mp4 format. This file format can be used in iMovie, but needs to be converted to .wmv for Windows Movie Maker. You can convert to .wmv using this utility.
- Open the YouTube Downloader and paste the URL of the YouTube video into the field provided.
- Click Ok and choose where you would like to save the file on your computer.
FOR MAC USERS
1) Find the youtuve video you want, and go to Clipconverter.cc.
2) Paste the video URL into the download bar on Clipconverter, and click start, and then download (choose 480p).
3) Save the file into your Project folder on the desktop.
Be careful of ads and popups.
1) Make sure the you have Mozilla Firefox installed on your Mac. Please go to the Mozilla Homepage to download.
2) In FireFox, on the top of the toolbar click on Tools and select Add Ons.
3) Select Get Add Ons and then click in the search bar that says "search all add ons".
4) Type in "youtube downloader" and press Enter
5) You should now see a few results. Find MP4 Youtube Downloader and click on it.
6) Select Add to Firefox
7) Wait a few seconds and click Install. Once installation has finished, restart Firefox.
8) To Download Videos go to www.youtube.com, find the video you want to download.
9) Once you have found the selected video, click the MP4 Downloader button on the top of the browser, to the right of the search bar.
10) A dialog box will open asking where you would like to save the video. Select the desktop and press save.
11) You now have an .mp4 video ready for use in iMovie!
- Student Services
- Faculty Services
- Faculty Development
- Technical services
- Library Links
- About CTLE