Using a Turnitin Enabled Dropbox
A Turnitin enabled dropbox allows students and faculty to submit papers and run originality reports to see if these papers contain plagiarism or similarities to other work. To create a new Turnitin dropbox:
1. Navigate to the course where the new Turnitin enabled drop box is needed, click on Dropbox in the navigation bar, and then New Folder.
2. Give the dropbox a name and then Save the dropbox.
3. Under the Turnitin tab click the checkbox for Originality Check for this folder and click Save. See below. In addition, if you want to use the GradeMark feature, click the checkbox for Enable GradeMark for this folder and click Save.
4. Click the More Options in Turnitin to show advanced originality checking options. Help for all features can be found under the question mark icon "?" for each feature.
5. Click Submit to save all Turnitin originality report options.
6. If desired, check Allow learners to see turnitin similarity scores in their dropbox folder. NOTE: Most student originality reports are displayed in their respective Turnitin dropbox in 5 to 10 minutes. However, if the same paper is resubmitted, there is a mandatory 24 hour wait before the new originality report is displayed.
7. Configure all other dropbox settings according to your needs.
8. Click Save and Close. You have successfully chosen the most important settings for the dropbox.
9. After receiving student submissions, return to the D2L dropbox and click on the title of a student paper to view the originality report and begin to review papers.
- Student Services
- Faculty Services
- Faculty Development
- Technical services
- Library Links
- About CTLE