- Click on the appropriate course.
- Once inside the course, click the Manage tab located on the top right of the page.
- Under the Course Management nugget click on Gradebook.
- Under Setup Tasks select Grade Reports.
- By default, there is an Overall Report which contains all grade data from all terms, categories, and dates. If you would like to modify this report, or create new reports, you may do so from the Grade Report gride view. To add a new grade report, fill in the blanks in the top row of the report grid, and then select the Add Item button.
- Users may sort by any of the grid columns by clicking on the column heading and selecting Sort Ascending or Sort Descending from the drop-down menu that appears. For example, the following image shows the grid sorted in ascending order by Title. Note that the column currently selected for sorting is shaded in gray and has a small triangle next to the column label.
- In addition, similar to other grid view screens, the columns can be changed to allow for editing directly from the grid view. To change the grid columns to editing mode, click on the heading for each of the columns you wish to edit, and select Edit from the drop-down menu. Once you have changed the grid to editing mode, the fields within will be displayed in an editable state and Save/Cancel buttons will appear above the grid. After making changes, be sure to hit the Save button in the upper right corner to save your changes. This allows instructors to quickly change the information in a column for several reports at a time.
- The six primary settings for new grade reports can be specified from the grid view when adding the item (Title, Term, Category, Start Date, End Date, and Overall Format). However, to view advanced settings, or to make modifications to an existing report, you should select the “settings” link in the far right column of the grid for that item.
- The order of the reports as shown above in the “rearrange” listing is the order in which they will appear on the Gradebook homepage in the Gradebook Reports nugget, regardless of the sorting order you have selected in the report grid view. Click the Rearrange Link.
- Clicking on the Rearrange link at the top left of the Grade Report grid screen, will reload the page in a drag and drop state (similar to the Rearrange option on the Lessons tab). Users can rearrange the order of each line item by dragging reports into the desired order. Click Save to finish rearranging your reports.
- Reports can be deleted either individually, or several at a time. *Warning! Deleting a report will permanently delete that report from your course. There is no “undo” option once you have deleted a report. Deleting a report DOES NOT delete the categories or assignments included in the report.
- To delete an individual grade report, select the delete link in the category grid for the row containing the report you want to remove. An alert window will pop up, prompting you to confirm the deletion. If you want to continue and permanently delete this category, click OK. Otherwise, click cancel to return to the report listing.
- To delete more than one report at a time, place a check mark in the selection box next to each of the reports you would like to delete. Then, select the Delete Selected button below the grid. An alert window will pop up (similar to the one above), prompting you to confirm the deletion. If you want to continue and permanently delete the selected reports, click OK. Otherwise, click cancel to return to the report listing.
For further assistance with ANGEL, please contact Brian Snapp or Aileen McHale to schedule an appointment for one-on-one assistance.
View more ANGEL tutorials
View all tutorials