Manually Adding an Item to the Gradebook
You may want to manually add an Assignment to your Gradebook that is not a Content Item under Lessons. For example, you may want an Assignment/Column in your Gradebook where you can manually enter a grade for participation.
- Click the course you want to add a gradebook item to from the ANGEL Homepage.
- Once inside the course, click the Manage tab located at the top of the page.
- Click on Gradebook, which is located below the heading entitled, Course Management.
- Click on Categories under the heading entitled, Setup Tasks.
- Create a Title for the Category, i.e. Participation. Note: The word "Overall" will be appended to the Category name. If you are using weighting in your Gradebook, enter the Weight for this Category.
- Click Add Item, located to the right of Percent Overall, to successfully add your Category and click Done to go back to your Gradebook page.
- Click on Assignments under the heading entitled, Setup Tasks.
- Once in the Assignment Editor box, create a Title for the Assignment/Column, i.e. Participation.
- Choose the Category that you want this Assignment/Column associated with, i.e. Participation Category previously created.
- Enter the number of Points for this Assignment/Column.
- Click Add Item to add the new Assignment/Column to the Gradebook.
- Click Done to return to the Gradebook page. The Item is now linked to the Gradebook.
Before creating an Assignment/Column in the Gradebook, you have to first create a Category to associate the Assignment with.
Note: To enter grades for this new Assignment/Column, choose the Grade Entry Grid under the Manage Tab