Adding a Content Item in Lessons to The Gradebook
If you have a Content Item in Lessons (i.e. DropBox) that you want associated with the Gradebook, you must link the Item to the Gradebook through the Assignment Tab under settings.
- Click the course you want to add a gradebook item to from the ANGEL Homepage.
- Once inside the course, click the Lessons tab located at the top of the page.
- Go to the Content Item that you wish to add to the Gradebook and click settings.
- Click on the Assignment tab.
- Under Gradebook Settings, create a New Assignment by clicking the field to the right of Assignment and choosing New Assignment.
- If you don't already have a Category to associate the new Assignment with, create a new one. Create a Category by clicking on the Other button next to the Category field. A new window will pop up similar to the one below. Name your new Category and click Add to add the Category. Note: The word "Overall" will be appended to the Category name.
- Enter the number of Points Possible for this Assignment.
- Choose the Calculation Type.
*Note: Choose a type other than "Manual". You can choose from:
- First Submission: The grade achieved on the first submission is used
- Average Score: Grade is based on average score from all submissions
- Maximum Score: Grade is based on maximum score from all submissions
- Last Submission: Grade is based upon the user's last submission
- Manual: The grade is manually entered in the gradebook (or via Grading utility for Discussions) (avoid this)
- Click Save to complete the process.
- The Content Item is now linked to the Gradebook and is associated with the Category Assignments Overall.