Copying/Pasting MS Word Questions into an Assessment in ANGEL
- After creating the assessment, click Add Questions
- Once inside the Add Questions page, choose Copy or Paste Questions.
- Choose the type and point value of the question.
- Select OK.
- Adding Questions
- Replace the sample text in the text box with the questions you want to import. You can also set the default choice question format, open-ended question format and point value for questions. The questions text should conform to the following specifications.
- Each question should begin on a new line.
- The first line of each question should start with 'Q:' or the question number followed by a period ('1.', 2.', '3.', etc.).
- If the question has choices the choices should immediately follow the question text.
- Each choice should be on a line by itself.
- Each choice should begin with a choice letter followed by a period ('A.', 'B.', 'C.', etc.).
- The following optional settings may be added after the question and its choices. Each setting should be on a line by itself and follow the format SettingName: SettingValue.
- ANSWER: For choice questions enter the letter of each correct choice separated by commas. For open-ended questions enter the actual answer text.
Fill in the blank(s) should have each answer on a separate line in the format of Answer:
;Percentage: Example: Answer:Red;Percentage:25
- POINTS: The integer point value for the question. For Multiple Select questions this is the value of each correct choice.
- IMAGE: The URL of an image to display before the question text.
- FEEDBACK: Text to display after the user submits the quiz.
- TYPE: Identifies the specific question format to use. MC = Multiple Choice, TF = True/False, MS = Multiple Select, SA = Short Answer, FB = Fill in the blank(s), FM = Fill in the blank(s) shared answers, ES = Essay, OI = Off-line Item
- ANSWERBOXES: Valid for Fill in the blank(s) only, indicates the number of answer input boxes to display to the user.
- ANSWER: For choice questions enter the letter of each correct choice separated by commas. For open-ended questions enter the actual answer text. Fill in the blank(s) should have each answer on a separate line in the format of Answer: