In order to receive testing accommodations through the CTLE, qualified students must do the following:
Scheduling an Examination
- Schedule a meeting with Mary Ellen Pichiarello or Jim Muniz at the beginning of the semester to discuss your testing accommodation needs. NOTE: Students who share their academic needs with faculty tend to also encounter fewer logistical problems in working through the testing accommodations.
- Discuss your scheduled time for the examination with the professor at least five (5) working days prior to each scheduled examination.
- The Online Testing Accommodation Form must be filled out five (5) working days before the scheduled date of the examination. Without timely notification, it may not be possible to administer the examination as scheduled.
- Students should note, instructions two and three indicate, efficient administration of examinations requires communication and cooperation between student, instructor, and CTLE staff. The student must initiate this process in order to assure implementation of support services.
- Register with Mary Ellen Pichiarello or another CTLE staff member prior to taking the examination. Leave all textbooks, materials, backpacks, cell phones and pagers with the CTLE staff. Students may only have the materials the instructor has given written permission to use during the examination.
- Students are not allowed to bring a computer disk for computer aided tests. Students will be provided with a disk for the examination.
- Students will ordinarily not be permitted to use the restroom during the examination. If a student must use a restroom, a CTLE staff member will escort the student.
- Students taking examinations through the CTLE must comply with the University’s Academic Code of Honesty. *Note: During the test, each student will be monitored by audiovisual technology to ensure academic integrity. If a student is caught cheating, the test will be taken away, and the professor will be contacted immediately.
- If for some reason the student can not take the exam at the scheduled time, he or she must contact Mary Ellen Pichiarello at x4039. The student is responsible for the notifying the professor(s) if an examination needs to be rescheduled.
- If a student is late for a scheduled exam, that amount of time will be subtracted from the total allotted test-taking time. For example, if a student is 15 minutes late for a scheduled examination, then those 15 minutes will be subtracted from the total allotted test-taking time.
- In the case of inclement weather, the student and professor will be contacted by a CTLE staff member to reschedule the examination.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Mary Ellen Pichiarello by phone at 570 – 4039 or email.