About the TechCons
Some of the services offered include: demonstration
and instruction on technology available, assistance with the University’s Learning Management System (LMS) and other software, developing sophisticated web pages, creating
E-Portfolios, enhancing PowerPoint presentations with audio and
video, scanning, and audio/video streaming services.
Qualifications necessary to become a TechCon
- Possession of a strong balance between technical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience designing and creating web pages. This includes knowledge about HTML editors, tables, frames, scripting, graphics, animation, audio and video, etc.
- Familiarity with computing resources on campus as well as Internet resources such as blogs, RSS feeds and email.
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations including incorporating graphics and animation and scanning text, graphics and slides.
- Experience with various software applications such as MS Office, FrontPage, Adobe products, Flash, etc.
- Ability to work independently on projects, follow-through and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills.
Online Job Application for TechCon positions
If you are interested in applying for a TechCon position, please complete the online job application at http://www.scranton.edu/ctle. The CTLE Technical Staff will select the applicants and they will be contacted to schedule a brief interview.
We encourage interested students to fill out applications even if positions are not currently available since the program will continue to grow. Applications will be kept on file and applicants will be contacted as positions become available.
To meet the current TechCons, you can go to the Bios page!