Financing Your Graduate Education
Graduate Tuition Guarantee Program
In order to provide a basis for personal economic planning for graduate campus-based course work and to encourage the completion of graduate degree requirements at The University of Scranton, a graduate student initiating a course of study will be eligible for a guaranteed tuition rate based on the initial academic term (either fall semester, intersession, spring semester, or summer sessions) for a total of three calendar years.
1. The tuition rate for the initial term of registration will be assessed for subsequent campus-based course registrations in the University's next three academic terms.
2. In order to be eligible for this Graduate Tuition Guarantee in the second 12-month period, the student must maintain and successfully complete a total registration of at least nine graduate credit hours for the initial 12-month period (the four academic terms included in the 12 months commencing with the student's initial registration term). Successfully completing at least nine graduate credit hours is interpreted to mean earning a grade of A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, S, or IP (In Progress for thesis work) in each of the courses comprising those nine credit hours.
3. If the student satisfies the requirements for the Graduate Tuition Guarantee for the second 12-month period, then he/she is eligible for a third 12-month period. As in item #2, in order to be eligible for this Graduate Tuition Guarantee in the third 12-month period, the student must maintain and complete a total registration of at least nine graduate credit hours for the second 12-month period (the four academic terms included in the second 12 months following the student's initial registration term).
4. The Graduate Tuition Guarantee will cease at the end of the 36-month period following the initial graduate registration or if the student fails to satisfy the nine-graduate credit-hour registration expectation in the previous designated 12-month period.
5. When the Graduate Tuition Guarantee ceases, the tuition rate for that current academic year will become effective.
6. A student is eligible for the Graduate Tuition Guarantee only at the outset of studies and after the Graduate Tuition Guarantee Agreement has been signed by the student and returned.
This policy does not pertain to Accountancy Online, Finance Online, Health Informatics Online, Human Resources Online, MBA Online, MHA Online, Nurse Anesthesia, or Scranton Education Online students.