Physics and Electrical Engineering Department
Recent research activity
- AC Varonides, Current enhancement in p-i-n GaAs/Ge solar cells with tuned superlattices, embedded in the mid-region, 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, 24-28 September 2012, Frankfurt, Germany.
- AC Varonides, 40.23% efficiency from tandem GaAs-Ge solar cells through embedded superlattice in the intrinsic region, 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, 24-28 September 2012, Frankfurt, Germany.
- AC Varonides, High Efficiency Multijunction Solar Cells with Finely-Tuned Quantum Wells, Book chapter in Nanostructured Materials and Their Applications, Series: Nano-Science and Technology, (Logothetidis, Ed), pp. 85-102, Springer & Verlag, 2012.
- AC Varonides, Solar cell current enhancement with embedded superlattices via thermionic emission, presented at the International Semiconductor Devices Research Symposium (ISDRS-IEEE & EDS sponsored), December 7-9, 2011, ISDRS 2011, College Park, University of Maryland, MD, USA.
- AC Varonides, Higher efficiency solar cells with embedded short period tuned superlattices, presented at the NN11, Thessaloniki, Greece, 8-13 July 2011
- AC Varonides, High Efficiency Solar Cells via Tuned Superlattice Structures: Beyond 42.2%, “SOLAR CELLS: New Aspects and Solutions, Chapter 15, pp. 325-340, LA Kosyachenko editor, INTECH Publishing 2011.
- AC Varonides, Quantum PV via superlattices and quantum dots, presented at the International Summer School at the Nano-Tech conference (ISSNN10), Greece, July 2010.
- AC Varonides, “High-Efficiency Lattice-matched Multijunction (not in tandem) Solar Cells via Tuned GaAs-Ge Quantum Wells, Proceedings of the 25th European PV Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Valencia, Spain, 2010.
- AC Varonides, “Dynamics of Josephson Tunneling in Hybrid Nano-SIN Diodes: a device approach, Presented at the NN10, Thessaloniki, Greece, July 2010.
- AC Varonides and RA Spalletta, “Design of Curriculum Modules for K-12, Undergraduate and Continuing Education in Sustainability and Renewable Energy", presented at the Third Annual Faculty Research Symposium, April 9, 2010, King's College, PA.
- AC Varonides, RA Spalletta, “Improved short-circuit currents for high efficiency Quantum Well GaAs-Ge p-i-n solar cells”, presented at the Third Annual Faculty Research Symposium, April 9, 2010, King's College, PA
- AC Varonides, “High Efficiency Solar Cells”, Summer Graduate School Lecture, 3d International Summer School on Nano-Sciences and Nano-Technologies, SS- NN09, July 2009, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- AC Varonides, “Thermionic Emission and Diffusion Theory for Carrier Transport in Organic Solar Cells”, Invited Lecture at the 6th International Conference on Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies, 13-15 July, 2009, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- AC Varonides, G Kaiser , P Chiappini, “WKB method and tunneling through GaAs/Ge superlattices for high efficiency solar cells”, Proceedings of the 34th PVSC Conference, Philadelphia, PA, June 2009.
- AC Varonides, RA Spalletta, “III-V triple junctions and MQW fine-tuning at 1eV, in Synergy for high efficiency ( 40%) solar cells”, Proceedings of the 34th PVSC Conference, Philadelphia, PA, June 2009.
- AC Varonides, “Full spectrum absorption and 1eV-tuning in a P - (AlAs/GaAs)-i - (GaAs/Ge) MQW – n (GaAs or Ge) high efficiency solar cell”, Proceedings of the 34th Photovoltaics Specialists Conference (PVSC), Philadelphia, PA, June 2009.