Parking information for Commuter Students
- Although The University of Scranton is an urban campus with limited parking, sufficient parking spaces are available to meet demand on a daily basis. Parking Regulations are necessary for the safety and convenience of the entire University community and are designed to allow maximum use of our available parking spaces.
- Parking regulations apply on the streets, roads, alleys, sidewalks, walkways, parking spaces, parking areas and parking lots on the entire campus of The University of Scranton Campus. University parking rules, regulations and enforcement are in effect all year, including periods when classes are not in session.
- When additional events, such as conferences, seminars or workshops are conducted on campus, parking capacity may be exceeded. The fact that parking capacity appears to be or is exceeded does not authorize a user to violate this parking policy. In addition, the purchase of a parking pass does not guarantee a convenient parking space. Parking spaces may only be available off the center of campus.
- The Parking Services goal is to serve the University community with fairness, courtesy and efficiency. Any parking-related problems, complaints, suggestions or compliments should be referred to Parking Services, Parking and Public Safety Pavilion, 820 Mulberry Street. The office is open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 24 hour drop box for express or after hours ticket payment is located outside the Parking Services office. This box can be used to pay a ticket without waiting in line or to submit a ticket appeal. Payment envelopes and appeal forms are available outside the Parking Services office.
- Student Registration
- Students must provide a valid state motor vehicle registration the first time they complete a permit application. A copy of the state motor vehicle registration will be required in subsequent years if the vehicle or license plate information has changed. The permit is valid from the date of purchase to the expiration date printed on the permit. Fees are not refundable.
- Commuter Students will be issued a commuter permit. See "Campus Map" for lots where commuter permits are valid. Commuter permits are not valid for overnight parking. Should a situation arise in which a commuter student must leave their vehicle on campus after hours, the student must notify Public Safety to avoid being ticketed.
- Commuter permit fees are $200 and are valid for the academic year. Intersession permit fees are $20. Intersession and Spring Session permit fees are $120. Spring Session permit fees are $100. Summer session permit fees are $20.00 per session. Parking permit fees are non-refundable.
- Click here to open a printable parking permit application.