Shop Scranton, Shop Local!
Reduce your carbon footprint and shop local!
Walk downtown to shop at local businesses and enjoy holiday events!
Take advantage of students discounts and special events! A variety of downtown shops and restaurants offer a 10% student discount! For a full list, view the Show it, Save it Map.Arts Seen Gallery and Cafe
Amendolaro (excluding Alex & Ani and Pandora) Bella Faccias (chocolates only) Burlap & Bourbon Comics on the Green (comics and graphic novels only) Duffy Accessories Freedlove GreenRidge Om & Wellness Lavish Body+Home Modish New Laundry Note Fragrances On & On Over the Moon Pierre's Fine Clothing & Accessories The Post Home and Body Social Media Contest
Win a $50 gift certificate to the downtown business of your choice by posting a photo that highlights your favorite downtown business or Scranton holiday event. Use #ShopScranton and tag @UofSCommunity or post on the University's Community Relations Facebook* Page for your chance to win. All submissions must be made by January 1st.
Nov. 25, 4 - 6:30 p.m.: Times Tower Lighting & Fireworks | Times Tribune Building
Nov. 27 - Jan. 4, 5 - 9 p.m.: Holiday Light Show | Nay Aug Park
Nov. 28, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.: Small Business Saturday - Shop local wherever you are! | Downtown Scranton, Hill Section & Nationwide
Nov. 28 - Dec. 6: Lunch Local to Support Your Favorite Restaurant | Downtown
Nov. 29.: Buy Local Holiday Marketplace | Scranton Cultural Center
Dec. 3, 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.: Annual Holiday Fair, Scranton area vendors | DeNaples Ballroom
Dec. 4, 6 - 9 p.m.: First Friday and County Tree Lighting Ceremony | Downtown
Dec. 5: Roaming Santa | Downtown Businesses
Dec. 5, 2:45 p.m.: Santa Train | Steamtown National Historic Site
Dec. 31: First Night Scranton | Downtown Scranton
For timely updates about downtown businesses & events, find us on Facebook!
A project of: The Office of Community Relations in collaboration with: The Center for Student Engagement, The University of Scranton Small Business Development, The Office of Sustainability, Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Scranton chapter, The University of Scranton Business Club, Scranton Tomorrow, the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce, and ScrantonMade.
Media Partner: The Aquinas
* CONTEST RULES FOR FACEBOOK: The “Shop Scranton, Shop Local” social media contest is sponsored by the Office of Community & Government Relations at the University of Scranton. This contest is open to those 18 and above in the United States. Void where prohibited. By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Sponsor, are final in all respects. The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The contest period begins on Friday, November 27, 2015 at noon EST and ends on January 1, 2016 at noon EST. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook. ENTRY: You can enter the contest by posting a photo highlighting your favorite downtown Scranton business or holiday event with #ShopScranton. You may enter as often as you like with as many different downtown businesses/events. WINNER SELECTION: All eligible entries received during the Submission Period will be reviewed by the Office of Community and Government Relations. The winners will be announced and messaged on or about January 4, 2016 at noon EST. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached within 7 days, the winner shall forfeit the prize. If a potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential winner will be disqualified. Prizes may not be awarded if an insufficient number of eligible entries are received. PRIZE: The winner will be awarded a $50 gift certificate to the downtown business of their choice. TERMS & CONDITIONS MAY APPLY: Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. All Federal, State and Local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize is solely the responsibility of the winner.Publicity: By participating, each entrant grants Sponsor permission to use the posted photo for promotion and marketing purposes, his/her name, likeness or comments for marketing and publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. Any questions regarding this Contest should be directed to the Office of Community and Government Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Us
- Student & Faculty Service
- Economic Impact
Health & Education
- K-12 School Partnership Opportunities
- Edward R. Leahy Clinic for the Uninsured
- Alice V. Leahy Food & Clothing Pantry
- University of Success
- Peacemakers After-School Program
- High School Scholars
- Summer Camps
- Arts & Culture
- Hill Neighborhood
- Points of Pride
- E-Newsletter Archive
- Campus Religious Services
- Interns: Career Services Office
- Employment Opportunities
- University Academic Calendar
- Campus Map
- Quick Facts
- Institutional Diversity